Benefits of a STEM Education
- Strengthens skills, knowledge and applications related to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Promotes equity in education and in the workforce
- Equips students with the confidence and resilience to focus on solutions rather than problems or uncertainty
- Encourages community and parent involvement within the school to create a STEM Learning Ecosystem
- Utilizes everyday life and real world applications to promote deeper learning
- Fosters soft skills such as creativity, innovation, collaboration and problem solving
- Helps students excel in the arts by providing them design tools to better understand how to use space and structure
- Employs the use of digital literacy knowledge and skills
- Enhances possibilities in an exponentially growing global economy
Find out more about the advantages of STEM Education by visiting one of our amazing Catholic elementary schools in Los Angeles.
STEM Program Goals
- to equip and empower STEM proficient students that will be able to answer complex questions, investigate global issues, and develop solutions for challenges and real world problems using rigorous science, technology, engineering, and mathematics content .
- to create STEM proficient students that are innovative thinkers, effective communicators and are technologically, scientifically, and mathematically literate to prepare them for jobs that have yet to be created.